This video provides an overview over the Rota Tab and its functionalities.
For more detailed functionalities, such as Default Schedules and How to Create a Split Shift please view the other videos and guides in the rota section.
The written instructions mirror the training video.
1. Log into the workforce management platform > select Rotas from the navigation column on the left.
2. Select or Search for the venue/department. You may have access to only 1 venue/department or to many. This will depend on your role within the company as venues/departments are released to users on a need-to-know basis.
Select a venue/department: Scroll though the list of venues/departments you have access to > click on the venue/department you want to work on > select View Rotas.
Search for a venue/department: type the venue/department name into the search bar on the top right > select the venue/department > select View Rotas.
Rota Overview Page
1. On the Rota Overview page for your chosen venue/department you have access to all rotas of the venue/department: past, present, and future.
The top rota is always the current week's rota.
Below that future rotas are on the left, and past rotas on the right.
Note that you have access to hidden Past/Future rotas as well. Select the View More button at the bottom of Future/Past rotas.
2. Every rota entry here represents a rota that has at least been opened and saved. Let's look at the information each rota entry provides us with:
(a) The week the rota applies to starting on....,
(b) when the rota was last saved,
(c) by whom it was saved,
(d) the Copy Rota button on top, and the Rota Notes button below it [Copy Rota: You can copy one week's rota onto another week. Rota Notes: show an activity history of the rota].
(e) the option to view the rota by selecting the View Rota button.
Note, that when you copy a rota (d) you will not be able to copy the rota onto a week that already has got a rota in place. If you want to replace a rota with the copy of a rota (from a different week), then 1st delete the rota from the target week, and 2nd copy the rota onto the target week.
This screenshot shows you the greyed out weeks. This means these weeks already have rotas in place.
3. To create a rota ad hoc select the large green button called + Build new Rota along the top.
Where to go from Here
To find our how to build a rota, how to add relief staff into your rota, build split shifts, or create a default rota go to the General > scroll to Rotas > and select See all articles.