When: This is one of the first settings needed for proper functioning of the device. Connect the device to the power supply and to the Ethernet cable, then configure the PUSH settings.
Why: The PUSH settings are relevant to connect your device to the server, which links your staff clock in/out data to your workforce management tool.
Who: The Push settings can be configured by the super admin user or the installer of the device.
Navigation: To navigate the device and make selections use the buttons on the keypad as well as the OK button and the surrounding arrow buttons.
- to navigate options in the menu you will use the arrow buttons.
- to make a selection you will have to confirm using the OK button.
- to remove incorrect selections (typos) use the backward arrow button on the main keypad.
The internet icon shows you whether your device is connected to the internet. The icon is a tiny globe.
When it shows a red X, the device is not connected to the internet. This means the device cannot share information with your workforce management tool yet. When the icon shows no red X, the device is connected to the internet. This is the goal of configuring the PUSH settings.
1. Select the key M/<-- (Menue Key) > select Comms > select OK > select Cloud Server Settings > select OK.
2. Select Enable Domain > Select OK. > This changes the setting from OFF to ON.
3.1. Select Server Address > Select OK.
3.2. Here we want to enter push3.bio.theshopworks.com > select the forward key ( > ) to change the input selection.
4. To enter push3.bio.theshopworks.com change the input selection from numbers to lower case letters [a] to enter “push”, then back to numbers to enter the 3 “push3”. Use the forward arrow next to the OK button for this. Below shows the changes for the input mode as selected by pressing the forward arrow > . Use the keypad to enter the letters, numbers, and symbols.
5.1. Complete the input until it reads push3.bio.theshopworks.com. Select OK to confirm your input.
5.2. In case of typos use the navigation arrows to move to the letter/number/symbol that needs to be deleted > select the return arrow <-- from the keyboard. This deletes the typo.
6. You should not have to alter the settings for:
- Server Mode,
- Server Port (it should read 8081),
- Enable Https, or
- Ennoble Proxy Settings.
7. Select the ESC (escape) button until you are at the starting screen again.
8. Power Off the device by selecting the bullseye button on the keyboard. Hold it pressed whilst the device counts down down: 3, 2, 1, to power off then release it.
Wait 30 seconds.
Turn the device On again by selecting the bullseye button on the keyboard. Hold the button until you see the screen come to live.
9. Check that the device is now connected to the internet. The internet icon on the starting screen should have changed from displaying a red X to no longer showing the red X.
You have completed the configuration of the PUSH settings.
Contact: ShopWorks (email@example.com) to let us know your PUSH settings have been configured. We will make sure your device is successfully connected to your workforce management tool.
Note that, the PUSH settings need to be configured on each of your devices.
~ End of instructions ~